Forest Park Hotel was one of the two local hotels in Brockenhurst that were commandeered as part of the Lady Hardinge Hospital for Wounded Indian Soldiers and fitted out as a medical facility. Forest Park and its surrounding land was donated to the war effort by Mrs Morant of Brockenhurst Park in 1914.
Tents in the grounds providing additional accommodation.
Read more about:
- Brockenhurst a First World War Hospital village 1914
- Brockenhurst a First World War Hospital village 1916
- Forest Park under the New Zealand Medical Corps
- To the 1914 Lady Hardinge Hospital overview article