We would like to invite you all to join us for the New Forest Community Heritage Fair.
Date: Tuesday 6th November
Times: 10am – 3pm
Location: Lyndhurst Community Centre
Join us for a celebration of the New Forest’s Heritage presented by the people who know it best; the local community.
The New Forest Community Heritage Fair will see groups from around the Forest come together to share their current research and passion for the fascinating history of the New Forest.
Groups will be displaying their research in the form of exhibitions, manned information stands, posters, books and talks for the day.
The event is a perfect opportunity to find out more about heritage on your doorstep and chat with some local experts. It might even inspire you to join your local group and discover a new passion or finally get around to getting hands on with something you’ve always had an interest in?
Please pop in during the day and see what you might discover.
Find out more: www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/heritagefair
You can download and share the poster here: CHF Poster
You can download and share the flyer here: CHF Flyer
The following groups will be in attendance
- Lepe Country Park
- Rockbourne Roman Villa
- Portable Antiquities Scheme
- Beaulieu History Society
- Netley Marsh History Group
- New Forest History and Archaeology Group
- Milford on Sea Historical Record Society
- LoCATE (Local Community Archaeological Training and Equipment)
- Friends of Hurst Castle
- New Forest Heritage Centre
- Romsey Local Historians
- Copythorne Parish History Society
- St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery
- Minstead Local History Group
- Wellow History Society
- Emery Down – How we used to Live
- Avon Valley Archaeology Society
- Coleshill Auxiliary Research Team (CART) New Forest
- Hampshire Medieval Graffiti Project
- New Forest Knowledge
- Maritime Archaeology Trust