Collection of Historic Posters Online
Author: Kath Walker
The New Forest Heritage Centre has made its historic poster collection available to view on the New Forest Knowledge website. Volunteers have catalogued the posters and digitised them by scanning and using image composite software to stitch the individual scans together. The results are seamless. They put each of the posters into its own preservation grade sleeves to protect it.
The collection includes:
- a notice about a missing heifer, Sway, 28th December 1866
- the Lymington Reform Festival, 7th August 1832
- the election of Verderers,10th December 1913
- a Second World War waste paper competition
- the sale of a copyhold estate at Pollards Moor, Cadnam, 8th December 1886
It also includes recent acquisitions such as a list of people entitled to vote in the election of a knight of the shire, the formal title for a member of parliament (MP) representing a county constituency in the House of Commons, for the parish of Eling dated 1878.
Explore the complete collection here.