Parkhill

Parkhill
Bowden-Smith
Description:

This place used to be called Pond Head. A Mr. Sturgeon lived there and it was a very small house with just a drawing room and dining room.Mr. Sturgeon’s mother was a lady in her own right, but she married her footman, so dropped her title. He had a servant whose son named Tate had the property after Mr. Sturgeon’s death. Tate farmed the fields and let the house often. Mr. Sheddon was there in 1856 and had a sale of furniture there. Tate sold it to Captain William Morant who married a daughter of Mrs. Frederick Long in 1857. Captain William Morant kept the New Forest Hounds for some seasons, and then sold the place to Mr. Smith Wright, who let it to Mr. Rawnsley for a school, and eventually sold it to him. It was enlarged by Captain Morant who made a nice house of it. In 1902 Mr. Rawnsley has left and Mr. Ridout keeps the school.Park Hill Hotel 1980s and 1990s

Date: 1861
Last import: August 15, 2017
0 comments

Your Comment